Sarcophagus of the Bride and Bridegroom (VI sec. B.C.)
|The Museum is housed in the Villa of Pope Julius III or Villa Giulia. This Villa was built from a design by Jacopo Barozzi da Vignola between 1551 and 1553.
The Villa Giulia National Museum was founded in 1889 with the aim of collecting together all the pre-Roman antiquities of Latium, southern Etruria and Umbria, and mostly contains finds from excavation conducted in Latium between the Tiber and the sea and belonging to the Etruscan and Faliscan civilizations.
|Piazzale di Villa Giulia, 9|
|19, 30, 52, 926|
|Weekdays 9 a.m.- 2 p.m.; Sundays 9 a.m.- 1 p.m.;|