|The fountain was built by the architect Salvi (1735) in the time of Clement XII, and decorated by several artists of Bernini's school. It is the front of a large palace (Palazzo Poli) decorated with statues and bas-reliefs on heaps of rocks.
The fountain is not only celebrated for its excellent water but for the legend that whoever drinks it or throws a coin in the fountain, will assure his return to Rome.
|P.zza di Trevi|
|90/, 52, 53, 56, 58, 58/, 60, 61, 62, 71, 81, 95, 492, Metro A-Barberini|