Museum of Palazzo Venezia


The Palazzo Venezia was designated as the seat of the museum in 1916 when it passed into the possession of the Italian State after serving as the embassy of the Venetian Republic and later as the Austrian embassy. In 1911, to provide space for the monument to Victor Emanuel II on the far side of Piazza Venezia, the entire "greenhouse" of Paul II, which cornered on the main prospect, was moved and reconstructed with all its stones, marble and cloisters on the left side of the building.
The Museum houses paintings from the thirteenth to eighteenth centuries, marble and carved-wood sculptures, bronzes, terracottas, pottery, china, silver, cloths, seals, medals, glassware, tapestries, enamels, etc.

Christus Pantokrator

Via del Plebiscito, 118
6798865
181-45-710-718-719-186-90-57-44-46-56-60-62-65-70-75
9 a.m.-2 p.m.; Sundays 9 a.m.-1 p.m.; closed on Mondays
8.000