Pope Gregory XV ordered this church built between 1621 and 1685 in honor of St. Ignatius of Loyola, founder of the Jesuits, canonized in 1622. Instead of the actual cupola, which was never built, Andrea Pozzò designed and painted a trompe l'oeil ceiling which gives the viewer the impression of sitting beneath a real cupola.

V.Squillace, 3
prefest. 19/ fest. 8-10-11,30-18(inv.)-19(est.)